Martes, Disyembre 3, 2013

PICTURESQUE

         I was having trouble then, I mean, I really want to describe myself in one of my writings just so I could get more involved. You know every time I write about anything, I see to it that I am part of the story that there is a certain character which will represent me, I guess that's how many other writers out there (I'm not claiming that I'm one of those 'Writers' just a 'Wannabe') include themselves in their writings as well, and it's just how it works.
         So I decided to make my own version of Narcissus' story. Anyway, the descriptions were a bit exaggerated for the sake of art, I'm not that fair just pale, though I really have that snobby pair of eyes which often make a bad impression on me. And you can just read the rest of the story :)


Stuck in the middle of a deep forest
Lost in abstraction as my body shivers
I turned to the river that proudly sparkles
Never have I seen a thing that shines so bright
Even after the sun has died and buried its light
At that moment I was hypnotized
That I just found my feet bringing me for a closer sight
I never dare walk close to her when I was a child
But I am sure it is the time for me to look her in the eye
Some people say she looks ordinary
While others say she’s a beauty
So I took the last step and knelt down before her
Filling my lungs with fresh air just when I started to grow in fear
Pretty or not, now it’s time for me to know
Though it’s clear that she illuminates than the stars even more
It was real, she has the most pale skin that I’ve ever seen
That, I wanted to exclaim, but I swallowed them back coz’ her eyes look so stern
I forced a smile trying to tame the girl
And I was overjoyed to see her do the same

I was sure my heart did a cartwheel
When her lips gently parted and returned the smile that was heartfelt
Her cheeks were round as they turned bright red
And her eyes now dazzle as her lashes flatter
I swear, that moment, I was in ecstasy
In this whole town, the lasses must be in envy
How she managed to wear a façade so grim, I can never tell
What my heart will seal, is the genuine beauty that has been revealed

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento